URGENT CALL FOR CLOTHING
The coronavirus pandemic has made life tougher than ever for those in desperate need of sanctuary, and they now face a new set of hurdles once they arrive here, including considerably less support.
For our wonderful regular donors, in this time of COVID please note that there are now some changes to our collection methods. Hopefully, all the details you need are below.
What SECOND-HAND ITEMS do we need?
- WARM clothing – jackets, coats, jumpers, hoodies, jogging bottoms, pyjamas etc – for men, women and children
- Luggage – any unbroken suitcases, holdalls, backpacks, rucksacks, etc
Is there anything NEW you can buy?
- Men’s underpants in sizes S, M and L
- Men’s socks
- Women’s knickers in sizes 10-18
- Women’s black leggings in sizes as above
How are we protecting everyone?
- We’re asking you to wash everything that can be washed before you donate it (other than brand-new items), although we appreciate you can’t do that with a heavy coat, for example.
- Please bag everything into a strong black bin liner and tie the top
- Then leave the bags untouched for at least 1 week before contacting us.
Can you give money instead?
- We’re accepting cash, or you can donate at JustGiving until 22 November. We will use the money to buy items for the asylum-seeker centres; our policy is not to hand over money to other organisations.
How will you get it to us?
- This time, we won’t be collecting the clothing at Allhallowgate Church Hall.
- Instead, we ask that you collect together your donations, follow the steps above, and then contact us and we will arrange to collect. If you can deliver, all the better!
- Please email Nicola David.
Where will your donations be going?
Contact details again
Nicola David by email.