24 April 2018 – Many thanks to all who attended our first AGM since we set up in September 2015, and to those who sent their apologies (and especially our friends from Pateley Bridge Methodist Church, who got a puncture half-way here and couldn’t make it!).
Thanks also go to Mohamad and Abdulkhader, 2 Syrian men resettled in Ripon under the SVPR scheme, who kindly agreed to come and tell the story of their journey from Syria to Ripon via Lebanon.
Many thanks also to Allhallowgate Church for their hospitality, Robbie for his technical expertise, and Rafal (all the way from York) for interpreting. Most of all, huge thanks to all of our supporters since we first set up in September 2015.
Roles on the management committee
- John Mellor stepped down as chairman but remains on the committee. A new chair will be appointed in 3 months; in the meantime, Nicola David will serve as acting chair
- Janet Mellor stepped down from the committe and therefore also as secretary
- Pauline McHardy was co-opted to fill the vacancy left by Janet Mellor
- Yvonne Jefferies agreed to serve as secretary
- Heather Garbutt remains as treasurer
- Chris Procter and Sara Trewhitt also remain on the management committee.
- See the PowerPoint presentation given at the AGM
- Read the report from our chairman, John Mellor, which introduced the meeting.