We are so grateful for the amazing support we ‘ve had from churches, individuals and community groups, and always welcome either one-off or regular donations. Our funds are spent in 3 ways:
- providing direct support to refugees – such as covering the costs of a trip or social, or urgent needs. Since the families have been in the UK since 2016 and 2018, they’re fairly well settled and mostly self-sufficient, and offers in kind (eg furniture) may be needed more. However, we do need to raise £600 per year (when we’re not living under COVID!) to bring a coach of refugees from Wakefield or Hull to have a lovely day out in Ripon. They get a chance to see the countryside, tour Ripon, have lunch, and meet Ripon’s Syrians. Some great friendships have resulted.
- activities which promote our objectives – such as bringing a speaker or musician to Ripon, or print/display materials
- operating costs – inevitably we must fund our operating costs, such as travel, materials, and insurance. So we’re very grateful for donations which keep us going as a group!
How to donate
Please note that there’s a separate page if you want to donate to Community Sponsorship.
- By cheque – Please make cheques payable to ‘Ripon City of Sanctuary’ and contact us for how to get it to us.
- In cash – We’re happy to take cash donations and can let you know how your money was spent.
- JustGiving – We won’t get 100% of your donation because a small percentage will go towards JustGiving’s operating costs. However, JustGiving is a trusted charity donation platform, and it’s efficient. You can’t set up monthly payments this way; it’s just for one-offs. Donate via JustGiving.
- Donate online – We now have a bank account (as opposed to our previous building society account) so you can donate online to Ripon City of Sanctuary. You could make a one-off donation this way, or set up a standing order for monthly giving:
Sort code 40-38-23
Account number 11557114
If you’ve had thoughts about fundraising for us, please let us encourage you! Do talk to us about it.
Ripon City of Sanctuary is not currently a registered charity, and therefore we cannot reclaim Gift Aid.