This is probably the biggest announcement we’ve ever made…
We’re delighted to announce that Ripon City of Sanctuary will be applying for Community Sponsorship. This means getting together with the community to bring a refugee family to safety in Ripon, probably from the Middle East region.
This is something done by the community with government oversight. It’s an incredible opportunity for you to be directly involved in changing the lives of a family for the better, forever.
Somewhere out there, right now, is the family we will bring to Ripon.
Come to our public launch meeting
You’re warmly invited (by Zoom) to our public launch meeting if:
- you want to know more about Community Sponsorship
- you’d like to get involved and help out from the start (we need enthusiastic people to fill all kinds of roles)
- you can’t help now, but could help later on in smaller ways
- you’d like to make a financial donation, and want to know how it would be used.
The meeting will be hosted by Ruth Foulds of RCoS, who’s leading our Community Sponsorship project. Our invited guests will be:
- Sue Parsons from Catholic Care, a charity which has agreed to be our ‘lead sponsor’ (we’re required to have a lead sponsor)
- A representative from Reset, the organisation which is contracted by the UK government to deliver training to groups pursuing Community Sponsorship.
Please join us on the Zoom call!
Date: Wednesday 7 April 2021
Get the link: Please email [email protected] and we’ll send you the link ahead of time.